India: A Guide for Prospect Researchers
India: A Guide for Prospect Researchers is now available. This new guide — the second in the IFI Global Guides series — is an online training tool available on a subscription basis. To buy a subscription, please follow these steps:
- Go to the IFI Global Guides homepage.
- Under the IFI Global Guides logo, you will see a horizontal menu bar. Mouse over the “Subscriptions” button on that bar.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Select “Register.”
- Follow the registration prompts.
(Questions? Please send me an email.)
With approximately 75 links to unique research resources, 8 how-to videos, and 7000 words of text, the India guide covers the following topics:
- an overview of wealth trends
- asset allocations
- the importance of family businesses in India
- links to additional background reading
- public company research
- private company research with two videos about information available through the Bombay Stock Exchange website
- free and paid sources for finding compensation details for a wide range of professions
- an introduction to the current state of Indian real estate data
- sources for real estate value comparables
- real estate trends research
- trends and statistics
- the role of corporate philanthropy
- finding signs of gifts (including 1 video)
- additional sources to watch
- the role languages will play in your India research projects
- languages spoken in major urban areas where you are likely to have prospects
- the state of automated translation tools that handle Indic languages
- tips and resources for viewing special fonts
- dictionaries and glossaries.
- transliteration – two videos about transliteration are being edited and will be added soon.
- the state of online information in India
- Google.com and Google India (with 3 videos)
- specialty search engines (with 1 video)
- the new rupee symbol, with font sources
- an explanation of lakhs and crores (with a video showing you how to translate monetary values in these units into rupees for conversion into your local currency)
- general news
- business news
- background reading and additional link sources
Would you like to see the new India guide for yourself? I will be offering live, online demos starting on Monday, 2 July. To schedule your own viewing, please send me an email with your availability. I look forward to showing you around!